The only point of attention we have to take into account is to open the ports in the router corresponding to the installation of the cameras. And then add that public IP address in the NVR with the proprietary protocol port (which in Safire is 8000).
If it is a recorder that you want to add, by adding the public IP address (with port 8000) of the secondary recorder, a message will appear that allows you to choose specifically which channels of the secondary recorder you want to acquire in the primary recorder.
This option is the most recommended, instead of choosing a NAS, PC-Recorder, ftp, etc... since an NVR is a more reliable computer from this point of view, sinc it is:
- dedicated to this function;
- a kind of device that consumes less energy;
- a device which is managed from the same applications as the rest of the cameras or recorders in the installation, being easier to visualize and from which it's easy to extract the information in an intuitive way, as well as its configuration (by an ecosystem similarity principle);
- a device which does not involve the payment of licenses;
- a device that can be monitored through the ProCloud service of http://safire.services.