The Uniview keyboard allows the addition of recorders (DVR/NVR) and the EzStation management software, the addition of the latter is what will allow the control of IP PTZ cameras directly without going through a video recorder.
ADDING A RECORDER
To add a recorder to the UV-KB-1100 keyboard, the first thing we have to do is to enter the menu of the unit; by default the password of the admin user is 123456.
Once inside, the first thing to do is to configure the IP of the keyboard:
Once the IP is configured (within the same range of the other equipments) we will add the recorder to the keyboard configuration. To do this we access the following section:
- ID: number we want to assign to that recorder within our keyboard
- Name: we'll put the one we want (it can remain empty)
- D_Type: type of device we are going to add, we will choose between DVR or NVR depending on whether it is one or the other
- L_Type: communication form with the terminal to be added, we will put Network since the control of the recorder will be by network. At this point we will press Enter or the joystick button to specify the IP of our recorder
For the port, we'll keep the 6000.
To finish we will press Enter and it will indicate us if we want to save the changes, we accept and we will have our recorder added.
To start controlling the recorder, being in the main menu we press ID and the ID number we have given to our equipment (in this case 133) and Enter, and again Enter to access the control sections of the equipment.
To set the full size of the channel we want to control we press NumCanal+CAM, then to control the PTZ we use the LightPTZ button:
ADDING OF EZSTATION SOFTWARE TO CONTROL A PTZ CAMERA
In order to control a Uniview IP PTZ camera with the keyboard, we will have to add the EzStation software to the keyboard, we will have to add a new device on the keyboard with the VM option and specifying the IP of the computer on which the EzStation is running:
Once the PC has been added to the keyboard we will add the camera to the EzStation software:
Next we will go to the Network Keyboard section where we will add the camera to the list, this will allow the keyboard to access the software and control that camera:
The camera added in this case has number 17:
The last step is to control the camera from the keyboard
- Access the ID where we have registered the EzStation, in this case the 3, ID+3+Enter
- Choose the camera number associated with the software, 17, 17+CAM
Download the manual: https://athena-visiotech.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/CUHEw3ABGAWsnHhdMkRp/KB-1100-Professional%20Surveillance%20Keyboard%20User%20Manual-V1.02.pdf